It's Friday, May 16th. Today was bike-to-work day, and it was in the 80s. Wow. Phenomenal. I managed to do about 70ish miles biking this week. It's not a lot, but it keeps me on my goal for 200 miles for the month (I'm at 122 overall) and after being really tired on Monday and Tuesday I feel much better. So all that's good.
I feel like I got good news/bad news today. Within the last few days I'm noticing the redness of my breast... skin reactions a-comin'. This coincides with the half-way point and I think is very much in the normal range overall but still the more days you go the less the reaction will be. I still have 3 weeks left, so while right now things are minor I also find myself thinking, "ACK!" I'm trying very much not to anticipate trouble, but as for telling someone not to think of an elephant, one finds it hard to think of anything else.
On the upside, I keep in mind that the "whole breast" treatment is, in fact, 5 1/2 weeks, which means I have 5 to 8 treatments left, which sounds a lot better than another week and a half to me. Thereafter I get an "electron boost" to the main, cut - the scar area - for an additional week. I'm not sure how it all works out, but at least I can focus that the overall area is no more than 8 treatments from being done. That feels pretty good. Of course, I overheard a guy talking today about having 17-20 treatments and I thought, "If I had 20, I'd be done today." But surely he's not being treated for breast cancer.
All in all, I can't wait for this to be done.
And on the upside, it's official that I have August 22 - September 21 and November 10 - 18 as my leave now. That'll be fabulous. Looking forward...
No comments:
Post a Comment