Thursday, February 18, 2010

What is my faith? - Answer

Now this is an interesting question!

What do I believe in?

I believe in people. I believe in their goodness. I believe that how we behave changes how people behave.

I believe in universal energy. There is a great cosmic force that I can tap into, that I can give my energy to, and I can ask for help from. You may call this some form of God; you may pray and put forth your intention and ask God for help. I don't choose to call the universal energy god, but for all intents and purposes, it's the same thing.

I believe in our interdependence. I am responsible to the universe for my actions.

I believe that we are one with the universe when we love, when we give of ourselves, when we give because we have a need to give, and not because of what we'll get back.

When we are not this way, we are not evil; we are just not part of the universal love.

I rely on others to get me through each and every day, and I am grateful beyond words for those who have guided me and helped me and still help me. I am learning, learning, learning, and the older I get the more I know that I don't know.

I am forever indebted to my parents, perhaps most of all for having the goodness to put up with me. It must be quite a miracle to want to put up with us while we're growing up. There is a trust there with my family that far exceeds any other relationship that I have. The unconditionalness of that love is what the universal energy means and what faith is to me. I don't have to see it to know it is there; I can believe in my family always and forever and without reservation.

In an odd sort of way, the Goldmine week offered this same sort of protection, this same sort of love. There's an unbreakable bond there, with the community. It's an amazingly powerful love to feel and to carry with you as you go through life. It is definitely the presence of Love and the Universe.

For strength, I probably look mostly to myself. Even those I trust I have a very hard time relying on. To admit weakness or stupidity is so hard for me...

I have faith in my life, that it will work out how it should. Even when it is hard; those have often been the times I've learned the most. Life offers us lessons as we can learn them... or at least we recognize what it's been trying to teach us at that point.

No comments: