Let's see if I can remember them all:
Job (new/losing)
Moving
Wedding
Birth
Death
My mother's birthday is today, so Sunday we took her out for brunch and chocolate. She brought along with her the obituary one of my good friend's father. He's had cancer, so it wasn't unexpected, but it's still hard.
In rallying the high school friends to make her a card, one didn't reply because she just had a baby on Sunday. The other replied to say she's engaged. Hopefully we can avoid the job loss and the moving...
Maybe we can throw surgery in the mix. The woman who housesat for me had surgery today for two different types of breast cancer and ovarian cancer and did I mentioned she was fired from her job two weeks ago? Fired, rather than let go, so they didn't have to pay severance or anything. Great.
Can you say stress?
What do people do when times are stressful?
They hook-up, of course.
Eharmony has died on me - though to all my gay friends out there, I just want you to know that eharmony now has a same-sex site. They can quit being the anti-christ now, I hope. Still, I'm not getting any matches. What did I do? Switch sites. I re-activated an old match.com profile... less selective, but more checking out going on. I've been winked at, emailed, IMed... dear me! Still in the developmental stages, but I'll keep you posted. At least it's entertaining, and that's why I'm here.
Happy April! Let's go April Showers and May Flowers!
No comments:
Post a Comment