Tuesday, November 2, 2010

52 Songs, Week 10: "With My Own Two Hands" by Jack Johnson

Still somewhat con-related, it is also homage to the elections tonight... I do not understand how people can vote against their self-interest, but ... I did my part.

It is what we can do, which is to use our own two hands to make things better.  This song may be from a children's movie (Curious George) but it is part of a great soundtrack. 

I can change the world

With my own two hands
Make it a better place
With my own two hands
Make it a kinder place
With my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands

I can make peace on earth
With my own two hands
I can clean up the earth
With my own two hands
I can reach out to you
With my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands

I'm going to make it a brighter place
With my own two hands
I'm going to make it a safer place
With my own two hands
I'm going to help the human race
With my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands

I can hold you
With my own two hands
I can comfort you
With my own two hands
But you've got to use
Use your own two hands
Use your own
Use your own two hands

No comments: